Monday, November 18, 2013

Where's the Light at the End of the Tunnel?


 
We’ve all heard this phrase, "I can see the light at the end of the tunnel." 

You’ve probably heard it’s corollary: "I’ve seen the light at the end of the tunnel and it’s a train!
 

 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory
that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen,
but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen
is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:17-18
 
 
Light? Momentary? When did you struggle with a “light and momentary” problem? We’re being buffeted around all the time. (Doesn’t Paul say something about that somewhere?)

Paul has one up on me! I often lose sight of the eternal glory. I focus on the problems facing me. I find it hard to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus’ promise of eternal life.

In an email exchange, one of my very fav authors, Ann Tatlock, said something that has stuck with me: "I've tried to give up on faith and hope so many times but ultimately I don't only because of that "love that will not let me go."

God WON’T let go! He holds on tight, whether we like it or not. 

We might lose sight of our eternal destination; He never loses sight of us.
 
We might lose our grip on His promises; He never loosens His grip on us. 

When the day is overwhelming, we can close our eyes and picture His hand, holding us tight. 

Walk – or crawl – in the unshakable knowledge that He never lets go. 

How has the “love that will not let me go” encouraged you?
How does the picture of His hand around you give you peace in the middle of a storm?

BTW – Ann Tatlock won the 2013 Christy Award for her book Promises to Keep. It’s one of the best books I’ve ever read. If you haven’t read it, I highly recommend it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment