Friday, April 24, 2015

Be Bold!



Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace. Hebrew 4:16a (NKJV)

He just sat there, staring at me! After all, I was invading his territory. 

You see, I went for a walk in a small park near my home. (I’d call it exercise but strolling along at a snail’s pace doesn't quite qualify.) As I wandered along, I saw a squirrel sitting about three feet off the path, carefully examining a pecan. He stood up straight, stared at me intently, and tightly clutched his treasure. I expected him to bolt up a nearby tree as I approached but he just stood there, turning his little head to watch me.

When I was about a foot away, he scampered up the tree and out onto a limb. He flattened himself against the limb, peered down at me, and chattered his displeasure. I walked backwards for a ways and stared back at him. Finally he grew tired of our little game and turned his back to me. 

I laughed. “What a bold little thing,” I thought to myself.

When it comes to my relationship with God, am I a “bold little thing”? Well, actually, I am. My friends will tell you that I’m not the least bit shy about “chattering” at God. I peer up at Him and tell Him my frustrations.

We are just like that little squirrel.
  • We stand up to God and voice our displeasure at situations in our lives.
  • We stare at Him and demand He answer our prayers the way we want.
  • We clutch our treasures – our TV shows or the possessions that give us acceptance with our friends.

And I have an idea that God sits on His throne and smiles us, His children.

He listens to our frustrations and demands with grace.
He looks at the things we cherish and draws near to show us that His love is more precious than any worldly treasure.

We can come boldly before God because Jesus is our Savior and our High Priest.

Praise God for His sacrificial love.
Bask in His grace.

Come boldly before Him!

How precious is the freedom you have in your relationship with your Father?

Photo credit: AcrylicArtist

2 comments:

  1. :) How funny . . . and a great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought God would use a squirrel to teach me something :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete