Friday, April 12, 2013

Light for the Lost

There are those who rebel against the light, who do not
know its ways or stay in its paths. Job 24:13

Have you ever driven through an area with no streetlights? It’s a little disturbing to be unsure of where you are on the road. What a relief when you finally reach a well-lit street.

When I read Job 24:13, I always focused on the phrase those who rebel against the light. I don't need to worry about them, I told myself. I soothed my conscience by saying they'd had plenty of chances.

But the next few words give me pause: who do not know its ways.


How many people around us are stumbling along a dark path, hoping for streetlights to show them the way?


God can use our words and actions as beacons to help others see the way to faith in Jesus.

I look back over my journey and I'm so very thankful for the streetlights God placed along my path to lead me to Jesus: my Mom, a precious high school friend, Ann, and a caring teacher, Mrs. Robison. These wonderful people were the lights that drew me to Jesus and helped me grow in my faith.

Who were the streetlights God used to guide you to Jesus or helped you to strengthen your faith?
Have you experienced the joy of being a light for someone else?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment