Saturday, June 7, 2014

7 Wonders of Psalm 23: Part 7



You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;  my cup overflows. Psalm 23: 5-6

What an amazing statement of faith!

David trusts his Lord implicitly.

His enemies surround him.

They stand close enough to look him in the eyes.

In the presence of his enemies, he sees God’s rich blessings spread out before him.

Is he afraid? Probably.

Does he fear them? No!

He chooses to focus on God and His blessings.

David doesn’t just stumble on the table by accident.

God prepares this glorious table before he arrives!

Not only does He prepare this feast of blessings, He prepares David.

He anoints him with His presence: His peace, His strength, His grace.
 


David’s life is so overflowing with God that he faces his enemies with confidence.

Do we choose to respond like David when our enemies of despair, self-doubt, and hopelessness surround us?

God is with us!

He walks the path before us; He guides and encourages us.

If we choose to let Him, He will anoint our minds with peace, confidence, and hope.

These blessings are spread before us.

Choose Him!

Choose His blessings!


How has God blessed you during hard times?



I can’t stop…it’s just too rich! So, I’m steaming on to part 8.
Is it OK to have a part 8 of 7 wonders?
I hope so, ‘cause I’m doing it anyway!.
 
 
Photo credit  Dripping oil: zffoto via depositphoto
Photo credit Feast: Andrey Kuzmin via depositphoto

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Definitely have part 8! I agree...and I'm truly enjoying this! I see these verses about the blessings bestowed upon us, even in the presence of people steeped in worldly sins. These blessings are not only of this world, but of Heaven, the world to come.

    Thanks for posting. I really like this breakdown of the verses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blessings are for us today -and they will be infinitely better in Heaven!
    I'm loving studying Ps 23! So much meaning buried there that I never saw before. There certainly be #8 - we'll see about #9 :)

    ReplyDelete