Thursday, April 3, 2014

Ever Regifted? Don't Lie to Me!



Shame on you – I can hear you shaking your head.

“I’ve never done that!” you say.

And look! You didn't even bother to rewrap it - you just stuck a couple bows on it!

Get real - We've all done it.
 
Someone gives us a perfectly wonderful gift –
 
EXCEPT
  • We already have two of them.
  • We have no use for one.
  • And the secret reason: it’s ugly!

I can honestly say I’ve never regifted – to a person.

I pack mine up and take it to Goodwill.

Regifting to the greater good, so to speak.

 
We've been given gifts so great it’s impossible to fathom:

  • Jesus gave His life to give us the gift of forgiveness.
  • Jesus’ resurrection gives us freedom from Satan’s power.
  • Jesus is alive and He offers us eternal life, to live with Him forever.

We never get enough of this.

We certainly have use for them.

These are things we should regift with joy and love.

 
And how can they hear if nobody tells them? Romans 10:14 (MSG)

Don't worry, you don't have to run around spouting the plan of salvation to everyone you meet.

Just refer to God when it naturally fits into the conversation.

"No, I didn't see the game, I was in church."
"I'll pray for you."

Even more gifts - God gives us Himself:

  • He is Love.
  • He is Peace.
  • He is Faithful.
  • He is Strength.
  • He is Comfort.

But, how can we regift God?
Can we offer His gifts to others?

We can:

  • Be loving to those around us – even if they don’t deserve it.
  • Be a peacemaker when there is unrest.
  • Be faithful to someone who needs you.
  • Be strength to someone who is weak.
  • Be comforting to someone struggling.

The BEST part about regifting God is that we still have it!

We don't give it away.

We don't lose it.

Every time we "regift" God, He fills us with even more!
 
When have you regifted God?
When has someone given Him to you?

2 comments:

  1. Lol. I have regifted but not often. Usually I find something else to do with them. And the post is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My memory's too bad. I'd probably give it back to the person who gave it to me. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete