Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Do You Know Him?


  



"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18

 
When my husband and I took the train from Washington D.C. to Pittsburgh in February,  the fields of freshly fallen snow reminded me of this verse in Isaiah. 
 
God promises us that
  • Jesus’s death,
  • His burial, and
  • His return to life
will cleanse us of our sins and we make us white as snow.
 
If we ask!
 
We all sin, deny God, and disobey His laws. Scripture says that the penalty for sin is death.
 
Not just physical death but eternal death. 
 
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
 
Jesus' death was brutal.
  • Suffering,
  • Agony,
  • Bloody.
This is the death we deserve. But, Jesus chose to die in my place - in your place.
 
We all face death unless…
 
I recognize that I am guilty of sin, believe that He paid my penalty, and ask for forgiveness.
 
You recognize your guilt, believe that He paid your penalty, and ask for forgiveness.
 
No one can do it for us . We must each make that personal decision.
 
There is no way Jesus will turn you down.
 
It doesn’t matter where you’ve been or what you’ve done.
 
No sin is too big for Him to forgive.
 
Let me repeat that – No sin is too big!
 
I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me. Jeremiah 33:8
 
Look at that word: All
 
Not some
 
Not Everything except...
 
All
 
If you ask Jesus, He will forgive all your sin and you will be white as snow.
 
Three days after He was buried, Jesus was resurrected - He rose from the dead.
 
He is Alive
 
Eternally Alive
 
For we know that since Christ [Jesus] was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.    Romans 6:9
 
When you believe His death cleansed you from sin, He offers you the gift of eternal life.
 
Jesus wants you to live with Him forever.
 
Each one who asks Him for forgiveness.
 
Complete forgiveness, eternal life in Heaven with Jesus.
 
Too good to be true.
 
But it is true.
 
If you refuse to turn to Jesus, you will die unforgiven and face eternal death.
  
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. John 3:18
 
If you haven't come to Him in prayer and asked for His forgiveness, please do so. He’s waiting for you. Once you have, find a Christian friend or a church and begin to follow Jesus.
 
If you are a believer, what does that confidence in His forgiveness and the gift of eternal life mean to you?  
 
How does it affect your daily life?
 
 

2 comments:

  1. What clear writing about the gospel! I am so grateful for what Christ has done for us. The fact that there is no sin too big to forgive blows me away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many, even preachers, tend to use "Christianese" when sharing the gospel. I was unchurched when I heard it and it was simple enough that I understood and gave my life to Jesus. Simple but significant!

      Delete