Friday, March 22, 2013

We are GOOD!


God saw that the light was good.  Genesis 1:4
 
I stood, staring in the mirror, critical of myself. Does my makeup look ok? Does this dress hide my hips? Is my hair lying down where it should be?
 
I heard God whisper, "I created you and you are good!"

Is it wrong to care how I look? No, but to criticize myself by it is to deny the goodness of God's creation.

He designed my hips, though I've enlarged them a bit.

He knit together my hair with that strange part that makes hairs stick straight up in the air.

I'm sure He giggled when he formed my slightly weird sense of humor.
 
Smile!! There’s no one else like me or like you. Praise God! The world couldn’t survive with 2 of us.
 
 Listen to these words: "For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ." Galatians 3:27
  
When God looks at us, He sees the light of Jesus. He sees us as beautiful, precious - as His beloved daughters – He sees us as good!
 
Do you see yourself as good?
What is the goodness God placed in and on you when He recreated you?


No comments:

Post a Comment