Friday, June 28, 2013

Oops!

Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light. Micah 7:8

I'm in a season of falling. Actually, that's kind of normal for me. I'm known for tripping over curbs, falling down stairs...I even fell over a tombstone once. But that's a story for another time.

Mom says I was born upside down and backwards, so it's her fault. 

But that's not the kind of falling I'm talking about. I stub my toe on disappointment. I trip over discouragement. Frustration is as slippery as a banana peel.

But, as I sit here, on my...um...derriere, I remember this truth: Yes, I've fallen but I will get up! God's presence gives my feet stability.
 
As hard as I try to pull down the shades and sit in the dark, His light bursts through. Darkness can't exist in His presence.
 
I'm not very good at watching where I'm going. I just skip along, falling over any emotions the enemy throws in my path. But, every time, God reaches out His hand and says, "Let Me help you up."
 
When I allow darkness to pour down around me, God says, "I'm here and there is no darkness in Me."
 
Hope, peace, joy...these things flood my life with the Light of God's presence.
 
Praise Him! He's not only the Light of the world, He's the Light of my heart.
 
Have you fallen lately? How did God reach down and pick you up?
When did you last praise Him for His light?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this wonderful post today; just what I needed! I'm clumsy by nature too (lol), and am guilty also of stumbling over disappointment, stress, and life's problems. A good reminder to trust God and let Him continually shine the light on my path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that someone is as clumsy as I am.

      I do a great job of trusting when things are going well...

      Delete