Friday, August 16, 2013

Bad Mommy

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Matthew 6:26

You’ve heard of angry birds – well, at my house, it’s hungry birds. I sit in my rocker, by a window, every morning. Outside are four birdfeeders. I watch the sparrows and doves come and eat.





My feeders are empty.



For the past few days, I’ve seen the empty feeders and said to myself, “Self, you need to go out and fill the feeders. A few minutes later, I get up and walk into my day, never giving them another thought.

I’m a bad bird-mommy!

It occurred to me this morning – what if God was as nonchalant about feeding us? What if He got involved in the activities of the day and forgot us? What if He looked at us and said, “I’ll get to you later.”

Praise God that He loves us and will never forget us. He will never leave us to fend for ourselves. For some, His provision seems sparse and we don’t always understand but we have to trust in His goodness.
 
 
 
Excuse me for a minute – I need to go feed the birds!
 


 
How has your faith been stretched when you have to trust He will care for you in difficult situations?

How have you seen God’s provision in your circumstances?

No comments:

Post a Comment