Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Balance Act

For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:30

 

 There was a small car in front of me. On top, a couch was balanced, precariously I might add. We were going 75 mph and the couch was swaying in the wind.

Needless to say, I wasn’t too comfortable following this guy. Last thing I needed was a couch to come through my windshield. 

 As I watched this car struggle down the road, I wondered about the sanity of the driver.

I heard a whisper, “You’re concerned about this guy’s sanity? You need to be worrying about your own. You’re carrying around all sorts of burdens on top of your head! Tasks to be done, deadlines to be met, doing laundry while everyone still has some clean clothes, driving the kids to some activity, grabbing some time with your spouse…”

 


In my mind’s eye, I could see the mile-high pile of stuff teetering on my head.

“But it’s all necessary,” I complained. “Besides, who else will do all this?”



Then I realized God offered His guidance to help me plan my day and His wisdom to show me what was truly important—and who I could delegate to.

Life’s so much more manageable when God’s in control!


 What pile of stuff are you trying to balance?
How has giving God control of your days brought some sanity into your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment