Friday, August 9, 2013

Have a Great Day!

Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. Lamentations 3:23 (New Living Translation)

I have this little prayer stuck on my refrigerator.

Dear God,

So far today, I’ve done all right. I haven’t gossiped or lost my temper. I haven’t been grumpy, nasty, or selfish. In fact, I haven’t done anything that would be displeasing in your sight, and I’m really glad of that!


But in a few minutes, God, I’m going to get out to bed – and from then on I’m going to need a lot of help.
Amen
I’m going to need a lot of help – isn’t that the truth! Every day is full of stumbles and goofs. Are you like that?

I have great news for you – and for me. God’s mercy is new every morning!

Every morning is a clean slate. We learn from our mistakes and, maybe, we move on to make new ones. Then morning comes and we begin again, with a fresh start.

What an amazing, forgiving God we serve! We might trip in the afternoon but joy comes in the morning. This morning, every morning, open your eyes and praise Him for the joy of a new day.




 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. A clean slate! How true. Every beautiful morning is another chance to get it right. But we can only do that w/God's help. Thanks for the lovely, uplifting post today.

    ReplyDelete