Friday, July 25, 2014

Do We Forget to Say Thank You?

I am so excited to have Cynthia Lovely as my guest blogger for July's Final Friday.
 
 
 
There are times we send forth prayers from the deepest parts of our hearts, petitioning the great God of the universe to intercede on our behalf.

We pray each day, focused and with great fervor, reminding the Lord of our need.

 And God answers.
  • The problem is solved.
  • The solution makes sense.
  • The worry is gone.
At this point in time, how much effort do we make towards saying,

Thank You?

Do we toss up a casual, "thanks, Lord," and go about our merry way,
 
Forgetting all about the miracle of answered prayer?
 
Jesus took care of a situation for me recently.
 
 I prayed for two weeks straight, trusting in God's faithfulness and mercy.

Yes, He answered.

All good.

I am determined to go back again and again and thank Him.

Placing the same effort and commitment as the initial prayer - in my giving of thanks.

I imagine God is pleased with us when we respond in this manner.

Let us be a thankful people, rejoicing in our great God!



Has the Lord answered a special prayer for you this week?
How often how you thanked Him for it?
Have you offered up thanks with the same fervency of your initial request?
 
 

Check out Cynthia's blog Lovely Lane  You'll be blessed!

Cynthia A. Lovely lives her own version of happily-ever-after in an old farmhouse in upstate New York with her musician-techie husband, her greatest encourager. Publications include Chicken Soup for the Soul anthologies, newspapers and periodicals including Tea Time and Romantic Homes. She has completed a contemporary woman’s novel and her current WIP is a romance. Cynthia is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, and a staunch supporter of Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference. She has been actively involved in church music ministry, drama, and public relations. You may contact her at cllyrics@gmail.com or www.cynthialovely.com
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sherry,
    Thanks for having me as a guest post. I've been out of town and just now got back to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you agreed! Once a month, everyone gets a break from me :)

    I hope you ad a great time.

    ReplyDelete