Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Ever Been Frustrated?


 
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3
 
 
I had good intentions.
 
I got up, ate breakfast, got dressed, and walked the dog. 

  
Pretty normal day so far.
 
I had several tasks rumbling around in my head, 
  • Write Tuesdays blog post.
  • Review 3rd chapter of my new study and send to the editor
  • Work on 4th chapter.
  • Laundry
  • Supper
  • Miscellaneous things
So I sat quietly and talked to God about my day. I went over my list with Him and asked Him to plan my day.
 
I didn’t really mean it
 

Here’s how the day went
  • Laundry
  • 3 phone calls
  • Two package deliveries
  • Two conversations with the homeowners insurance office trying to get that straightened out
  • Lunch
  • Nursery guy building 3 raised beds in the backyard had a question – couldn’t get him to shut up
  • Snack
  • Get the mail
  • Take out the trash
  • Neighbor called
  • 2 more conversations with the homeowners insurance office
I sat frustrated because I haven’t done anything on “my” list
 
I had a gripe session with God
 
I was reminded that I did ask HIM to plan my day.
 
By then it’s 5:30 and I plopped down to watch the news
       
 I wonder why God’s plan didn’t match mine?
 
I had a perfectly good plan.
 
Then I remembered:
 
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9
 
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21
 
I wonder what He plans for tomorrow?
 
 
When has God vetoed your plans?
 
Photo credit: monkeybusiness via Depositphotos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment