Friday, July 4, 2014

On the QT: The 5 W’s – Who?

Remember, if you comment to this post, you could win a copy of Storms of Life!





This is the second post on the 5 W's of Quiet Time. For the first post, go to On the QT: The 5 W's


The first W: Who?
This should be a given - but is it?

It’s where we must start.

For a Christian, quiet time is spent with God.

In Conversation!

Me and Him. You and Him.

Time to talk to Him – to be thankful for blessings and to talk about problems.

Time to listen – To hear His voice as we pray. To open God’s Word and let Him speak to us about His love for us.

Time with God

It’s not quiet time if we sit blankly and stare at the wall – although I do that sometimes.

It’s not quiet time if we sit and make demands – I do that a lot.

So I ask myself, “Who am I really spending time with? Who am I really worshipping?”

Sometimes, I sit down and immediately tell God what I want Him to do.

And how I want Him to do it.

When it comes right down to it, I’m spending time with myself, worshiping my wants.

I’m using God as the vehicle for getting what I want.
 
Am I forgetting who's God and who's not?

We have the freedom to approach Almighty God, Lord of Lords, King of Kings and talk to Him as His child.

Because we are!

  • He is the Name above all names - yet He know us by name.
  • He is King of kings – yet He came to be a servant, to die on the cross for us.
  • He is beyond understanding – yet He bends down to talk to us and teach us as we read His Word.
  • He is Almighty God – yet He showers us with the love of a Father.

He calls us to visit with Him.

He waits for us, eager to share our day and to give us His wisdom

He loves you more than you can imagine.

Who?

Our Father and Savior.

What an honor and a precious privilege.

 

What does it mean to you that the God of the Universe wants to spend time with you?

On Tuesday: Why?

 

Photo credit: Reading with Jesus The Surprising God

2 comments:

  1. Sherry, thanks for your good words. It's an ongoing process to monitor my attitude when I approach God so I don't treat Him as a divine Santa Claus or a spiritual vending machine. A great reminder of the relationship God desires to have with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A spiritual vending machine - I've never heard that phrase but it's a great description of how I approach Him sometimes. Thanks for commenting, David.

    ReplyDelete